Evil

Evil

It was not to be seen,
Nothing was the same once the deal was sealed.
Promises were broken,
And all was going downhill.

I stood down below the feet of all,
Breathing, inhaling the undelightful odour.
I was told to lick them, clean them,
Praise them as though they were my own.
The torture it was, oh nobody knew,
I was given no more than a quarter of nothing,
Expected to live on mere hope and my will.

My consience bugged me,
Day after day.
"Where is your dignity you stinking fool!
Why have you resolved to measly tasks as to dust the feet of others?
Get up you fool!
Get up!"

Then the day came.
I had had enough and I was to be freed.
My anger spilled out and scalded them hot upon their very feet they used to entrust upon me.
I grew to the height of thousands above,
I could taste their fear around me.

Yes, evil it was that surged within me.
I could not stop, oh no I couldn't.
Not when I was just starting to have the time of my life.

I tormented them and forced my foot into their faces,
I fed them swill and gave them impossible tasks.
The mere pleasure that I had derived from their very pain,
Was feeding the unsurpassable devil within me.

Soon I was devoured,
From head to toe;
Nothing was spared at all.

Running away was fruitless,
For it was impossible to run from oneself.
And so I stood there,
Writhing and melting,
Till I was naught but a pile of dust.

I had learnt a lesson,
so severe indeed.
The damage caused was known too late.
I could not be saved,
For wrath was so dominant.
It took over my mind and took over my soul,
Till I was simply nothing but some bones and some meat.

One must not welcome anger,
For wrath knows no bounds.
And as for this world of utter irritance,
Evil is naught but a common thing.

Written by: Jialing

Comments

Popular Posts