Stress

Stress

Kept in a limited space,
The button is pressed,
The battle has started.
There is no escape.

Each move with precision,
Not a single mistake.
For one would cost your entire life.

Pressured to win,
You cannot lose!
The world is beheld upon your shoulders.

Caged up alive,
Is there a escape?
You look around frantically,
There is naught but a window,
Distant yet there.

Often we reach,
Yet distant it stays.
Our spirits waver with desperation,
Then give up altogether.

It is one to all,
And there's that one limit.
The rules' all written,
"Cross it and die".

What choice do one have?
We're pressured to fight.
The world's burden upon our shoulders,
We cannot avoid.

Help?
Where from can I obtain?
They all seem unworthy,
Undoubtedly witless.

This stress upon me,
Oh who can tell the pain?
Each passing second,
Each wasted minute.
It all adds up to the total diminishment of myself.

This weight upon my shoulders,
Whereby who can help me lift?
I yearn for utmost freedom,
Yet distant it still seems.

Give me the power of a thousand I ask,
Tell me the tales of those moutains of wealth.
Might they encourage this measly soul,
To plod on and complete this delirious task?

I cannot achieve much things on my own,
Yet do know I do,
That not a one can help myself.
For much as I like,
There's not one that's worth.

Stubborn as a mule,
Oh yes I am.
And I gladly accept the title of an animal that's so unlikely loved.
Yet I live on each day with much stress,
All for the sake of the little dignity one's left.

And so I march on with my withered soul,
My unforgettable pain,
My endless journey,
For a unreachable claim.

Written by: Jialing

Comments

Popular Posts