Enough

Enough

It isn't a surprise,
Where the path's led me to.
Oh woe be to me,
I've guessed just as much.

The cat's out of the bag,
No you needn't hide no more.
My troubles have met the limit,
Oh I would not be here;
At least not for long.

Ah yes, that smile,
Such sheer monstrosity.
Almighty you,
Where have I gone?

Oh how very sweet,
Those silent tears.
Stream down my face now,
Oh sweet heavens no.

My expression so cold,
So blank, so empty.
Where indeed has this worthless soul gone?

Come together!
Invade this spirit!
Broken and spent,
Where can I run?

My escape?
No there is not one.

You live in my nightmares,
Where one is to none.
My throat oh so parched,
You've killed my will to fight.

Alas! Alas!
How wistful my thoughts.
My end draws near now,
How can I evade?
Such a disaster no less.

Neverending,
No less and no more.
I've got nothing to my name,
No not anymore.

All eyes upon me,
And history repeats,
My legs bring me forth;
There is but no end.

Lost in this game,
Sinking deeper within.
Oh your silent revenge,
You've taken alright.

Quickly! Quietly!
Don't you dare make a sound.
Silently, steathily,
Then crush me in whole.

I should've known better,
Ah that similar glint.
Where is my heart?
Imprinted with scars oh so much.

My wounds torn back apart,
Raw and unprotected,
There is no escape.

Promises made,
Promises broken.
Then all at once,
It's back to square one.

Now I walk in the rain,
Down that same narrow path.
Left to bear all the pain,
The blame; the very fault.

Who can tell the difference between?
My tears, the rain,
What matter does it make?
Pitter, patter,
Fused all into one.

Lies, then silence.
Have you lost your voice now?
Cat got your tongue?
Do you mean what you've said?

Your constant reminder,
Or to be much more appropriate;
Their constant reminders.
I'm to be left alone,
Not to be touched.

I gambled my life,
I lost the one chance.
I've paid the price,
Bargained more than I'd want;
Much more than enough.

Written By: Jialing

Comments

Popular Posts