Betrayal

Betrayal
Why do I sense so much uncertainty?
Why do you tremble when I ask for the truth?
Why do you refuse to tell me why you make me feel so lost,
Why, do you neglect me so?

All I want to know is,
Am I worthy enough for your friendship.
You stood upon me,
And trampled on my heart.
My trust is broken,
How can I love?

I turned a blind eye,
I thought it would change.
I made no promises,
But you broke them somehow.

What is this expressionless look in your eyes when I am before you?
Why do you leave me clueless as to what you have done?
Am I not worthy enough of your trust?

This sense of betrayal,
How can I explain?
You made me feel so blessed,
So happy, so free.
But now the tables have turned upon me,
How can I not feel this way?

Why?
Why have you done this to me?
Have I no freedom over my desicions?
Have I no life of my own?
Is what I've created by the lies you've told,
What reality really is?

I cannot learn to trust no more,
I don't know who to trust.
I look upon your face,
I see the drastic change.
You are not the same.

Why has everything changed so fast?
In an twinkling of an eye,
I am naught but your enemy.
Have I chose none other than a wrong person?
Or have you been hiding in your mask all along?

You neglected me and in turn I got the blame.
You made me watch you enjoy yourself while you left me alone behind.
You show the world that you need everyone except the one before.
You made me feel so terrible inside,
Did you ever realise at all?

Why does it seem as though it's my fault now when the fact is you're in wrong?
Why does it feel so wrong now, when the starting has felt so right?
Have we done something wrong somehow,
Were we not meant to be?

I refused to believe the nagging doubt,
I had inside my heart.
The wild imagination inside of me,
Grew wilder with each time you did what you did.

How can I refuse now?
When the facts are all laid before me.
You've turned the tables all upon me,
You were scheming all along,
You made me feel as though you cared,
Then tore my heart up into two.

You cannot be trusted.

Written By: Jialing

Comments

Popular Posts