Wronged

Wronged
Before me I saw the past,
Behind me people were whispering.
Beside me were people, or so I thought,
Making much noises of protests.

Many below were pointing,
Many were just staring.
Yet all I did was stand there,
Oblivious of all their screams.

I was just standing there,
Looking ahead, wondering if i should.
I readied myself and heaved a sigh,
I lifted my feet and stepped over the line.

I kept falling,
Down and down.
10th floor, 9th floor and counting.
In my mind were flashes of the past.
The times where we were happy,
The times where our memories were sweet.

5th floor, 4th floor,
I could feel the tension below.
I let the tears fall freely,
I couldn't care less now.

3rd floor, 2nd floor,
I'm reaching the end already.
I thought once more and realized,
There were still people who cared.

Inches away from the ground,
I started to regret.
The people that were close to me,
Were screaming and running away.

I had hit the floor and i felt the pain,
Blood and tears dripping off my face.
In that split second i felt guilt and anger all at once.
I had died in vain, for nothing at all,
All for the fact of being wronged.

Written By: Jialing

Comments

Popular Posts